Christmas Story Competition
We are inviting children of all ages to write a short story entitled:
'When the Christmas Trees Came to Town'
The story should be set in Chelsea and be a work of fiction or non-fiction. Alternatively, it can be a poem, haiku or even an emoji or social media based story. The story may be illustrated if preferred, but this is not necessary.
The maximum number of words is 1000.
The story should be sent as a word document or PDF to us at email@example.com by
Monday 5th December by 5pm.
First Prize - £50 book voucher
Second Prize - £25 book voucher
Third Prize - £10 book voucher
The stories will be published online and excerpts will be read at an event in Chelsea
Entrants may be any age however the story should be suitable for children.
1. Open to UK residents of any age living, working or learning within the boundaries of Chelsea.
2. Competition closes at 5pm on Monday 5th December 2016 (the “Closing Date”).
3. One entry per person.
4. Your email must contain your entry, name, age, home address, email address, telephone number, and school. Entries must be typed in English only.
5. Entries must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published anywhere else. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate as may be deemed by the Christmas + The King’s Road.
6. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence Christmas + The King’s Road a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition. We are under no obligation to publish any entries. Please note, any publication of an entry does not mean that entrant has won a prize.
7. All valid entries received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by a sub-panel of judges.
The Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. This is a community competition and undertaken as part of the general Christmas + The King’s Road activities.